A Tribute to Nostalgia and Good Times Past
Verena Street Coffee is named after the neighborhood where we grew up in the Mississippi River valleys of Dubuque, Iowa. Five houses lined this street and our extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents were our neighbors.
In the early 2000s, Verena Street was removed for highway expansion. Erased by the progress of modern development, “Verena Street” survives only in our memories. Today, countless cars pass over the spot where we once played on the swing set our grandfather built.
Today, Verena Street lives on as the namesake of our craft roasted coffee. Although we can no longer walk down Verena Street, it is a place we can once again call home.
~ Eric and Michael Gantz, first cousins
To elevate your coffee experience with fresh, high-quality and affordable craft roasted coffee that is convenient to buy and enjoy at home or on the go.
To become the go-to coffee at work, at home and on the go for anyone tired of bitter, boring coffee.
- Quality: We source high quality coffee beans via sustainable methods and roast them to optimal levels that are never too light (sour) or too dark (bitter). We blend beans from different origins to make unique recipes with complex flavors and aromas, then package and distribute them as fresh as possible to retain these nuanced flavors and aromas.
- Convenience: Our website and subscriptions are user friendly and convenient with fast, affordable shipping and low thresholds for free shipping.
- Affordability: Our prices are uncharacteristically reasonable for the quality and freshness experienced.
- Commitment to Customers: We exceed customer expectations and maintain authenticity in everything we do, with accessible and responsive customer support and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Family Atmosphere: We foster a friendly, respectful and welcoming work environment to build an approachable brand that our customers will love to call their own.
- Continuous Improvement: We aim to continually improve and grow in all aspects including our employees, our processes and our products.
How We're Different
Many coffee consumers are frustrated, tired, bored or uninspired with their current coffee of choice. We source high quality beans, roast them to an optimal roast level and artfully blend them to create a unique flavor profile that is better than the sum of its parts. You will find our lightest roasts are not too light, sour or acidic tasting while our darkest roasts are not too dark, burnt, bitter or smoky tasting and our coffee is always freshly roasted. This will leave you feeling satisfied, accomplished, excited and ready to take on the day with Verena Street Coffee.